Why should you bother to create video content for your brand?
Well, the stats speak for themselves:
1. Users digest video content 60,000 times faster than text. Plus, they hang around on sites with video for a full two minutes longer than those without. Mist Media reports that the average internet user spends 88% more time on a site with video.
2. Facebook video now reaches more than 90 million people. And that’s just in the US.
3. According to a report published by Forrester, including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
4. Unbounce reports that including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
5. 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
6. After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
7. Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
8. 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns of which 73% report positive results to their ROI, according to a survey conducted by ReelSEO.
9. Sites with video on their homepage are 53 times more likely to get first page Google search rankings.
10. Facebook’s video algorithm favors native video over YouTube or other linked video—especially if it’s related to a trending topic. So always upload your videos directly to Facebook, rather than linking to a YouTube or Vimeo URL.
…. Did you just skim through those facts without absorbing much? It’s okay. We created a video about ’em too:
The Top 10 Reasons to Create Video Content from EditMate on Vimeo.
So now that you know why… perhaps you’re wondering where to start.
Start here. 🙂